The Intercessory ministry comprises of individuals who not only engage in personal prayer but are also driven by the burden to pray for all people – individuals, families, the church, the neighborhood, the nation and even the world.
The prayer ministry is run under the patronage of Reverend Mathew Wambua and leadership of Pastor Ben Musembi.
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” 1 Timothy 2:1-2 (NIV)
“I have set watchmen upon your walls. O Jerusalem, who will never hold their peace day or night; you who [are His servants and by your prayers] put the Lord in remembrance [of His promises], keep not silence.” Isaiah 62:6 (AMP)
The following defines our operation;
1. Corporate Prayer is held every Friday from 6.30 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
An exception is on the Fridays that the Church runs the Bible Week and the New Season Kesha. Punctuality is key during the Friday meetings due to limited time.
2. The prayer meeting is led by any member of the team through the coordination of the leaders and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
3. We usually FAST together as a team EVERY Friday, regardless of whether we will be meeting in the evening or not.
4. We are also open to prayer and fasting on other days as the situation demands and as led by the Holy Spirit.
5. It is mandatory for the team members to attend the Tuesday prayer meetings, Sunday morning prayers and the monthly Leaders’ Breakfast meetings.
6. There is an active WhatsApp group, which provides an open platform for fellowship, sharing of prayer requests, testimonies and God’s Rhema Word.
7. Communication within the team is through the WhatsApp forum and text messages for those who are either not on the WhatsApp platform or may be offline.
8. There is an active welfare that enables the members to visit each other and pray together as and when the need arises.
2 | Page
9. The leadership usually organizes around 4 activities annually. These activities include retreats and seminars amongst others and are mainly centered on prayer.
The call to prayer is not dependent on our physical might or ability but on our Lord Jesus Christ the great High Priest and the Holy Spirit who intercedes for us. “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God”. Romans 8:26-27 (NIV).
Contact person in the Ministry
If you would like to become part of this ministry please do not hesitate to contact: +254 724 711 747 / +254 (0)20 529 6485- Pastor Ben Musembi