HOME CELL FELLOWSHIP
The Home cell ministry in Deliverance Church Donholm aims at creating a neighborhood filled with the presence of God which is derived from the book of Act 2:42-47 NIV.
The book of Acts highlights the tremendous growth the church experienced after the day of Pentecost. As much as we must attribute this growth to the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit, yet you can’t help but notice the emphasis on the fact that they had fellowship, met at homes and broke bread together. I believe the Holy Spirit is deliberately showing the significance of that growth to the fact that they met at homes and in small groups!
To introduce people to Jesus Christ, making them worshipers of the Father in Spirit and truth to help them grow in their Christ-like character so that they can reproduce the same process in others.
- Faith: We receive direction and provision directly from God and His word.
- Loyalty: We will remain devoted to the purpose of God for its ministries around our neighborhood.
- Relationships: We have servant’s attitudes, and we sacrifice to meet the needs of others.
- Integrity: We are who we say we are; we will be truthful, regardless of expediency.
- Excellence: We will have quality stamped all over us and will demonstrate excellence in all we do.
- Care and sharing: To facilitate a forum where brethren can bond, encourage one another in scripture, inspire one another to good deeds, nurture and identify talents
Purpose of the Cell Groups
Why have small groups?
- a) Relationship development: Everything in life revolves around relationships.
To connect people to the church (Connect —> Grow —> Serve)
- b) Discipleship: Every member serves
To cultivate disciples rather than creating passive spectators by challenging, training, and assisting the group to move outside the walls of a single home to love and serve a community, do ministry within the group, taking care of needs that often go unmet in the larger gathering.
- c) Evangelism, outreach, multiplication and Wining souls: To grow larger (in our church worship) and smaller (through home cell groups) at the same time.
- d) Leadership mentoring, nurturing, training & development: Every member grows.
To empower people to lead from their potential before they are trained experts.
- e) Bible study: To align the whole church family with sermon-based small groups
Studying the word of God for the purpose of practically relating it to daily living (Colossians 3:16; 2 Timothy 3:16).
- f) Fellowship
Home Cell is a place where brother’s fellowship and bond with each other, build their faith in God, equip brethren for ministry, nurture gifting, pray for one another, stand with one another in times of joy and sorrow, share the word of God and evangelize.
- g) Caring and sharing
Bearing one another’s burdens through prayer, comfort, encouragement, and the sharing of material goods (Galatians 6:2; James 5:16; 1 Thessalonians 4:18; Hebrews 3:13; Acts 4:32).
Contact person in the Ministry
If you would like to become part of this ministry please do not hesitate to contact:
+254 724 711 747 / +254 (0)20 529 6485- Pastor Stanley Muriithi